Monday, August 29, 2011

My Top 5 Album Covers (of the CDs I own) in my opinion

I thought posting my opinions on the top 5 albums covers (that I own) would be a good idea, so here it goes :)
I'm going to try my best to purely base it on the album cover, and not the music!




I think this is my favorite because it's very colourful, but it's still simple. The cover is related to the album title, so it's not completely random or pointless. The bands name is in decent sized lettering on the front so I can recognise it if I want to listen to that band. The lettering is also the font that the band typically use, keeping a kind of consistancy in the album covers.

On the back there is the tracklist, and on the inside the image on the front is also a small booklet with lyrics to the songs inside it, as in many CD's now.




I think this album cover is a very pretty but simple cover. The explaination behind the butterfly on the cover is some lyrics in a some called 'Brick By Boring Brick'; 'Now she's ripping wings off of butterflies'. Brick By Boring Brick is one of Paramore's more known and loved songs.
The bright yellow on a neutral grey background makes it stand out, and it's a very recognizable cover to Paramore fans. This is common with another of their CDs, Riot. Another CD with a simple yet affective cover. However, I don't think that's the case with the 'All We Know' cover, which isn't as simple. But it's also an older CD.
The font in the top right hand corner is a simple font. The word 'Paramore' is written in a font that is used on a lot of Paramore's CD's. 




I think this album cover is very warming and friendly. It's very simple again, with just a simple image in the middle. I think it looks like a man and a woman holding hands, it could just be two people, but it looks like a man and a woman to me.
The Script often sing about break-ups, and the majority of their songs arn't happy songs. This one in particular has been said to be sadder than others, which could explain the picture on the front some more, like they're offering support or something. I think it's a very nice cover anyway.
The title 'Science and Faith' is a popular song on the CD also.   



This CD cover is actually made of card or paper, not plastic like the others. They might have done this because they're not a huge band and it was cheaper, or they might have liked it to be a little different.

The picture on the front isn't as simple as the others, or at least not in the same way. It's a photograph with a young boy, possibly relating to the album title 'While We're Young' (It's a song on the CD). I don't really know why it's a young boy that looks like he's running away from home, or travelling somewhere on his own though. I really like the photograph and the colours of it though!



This is the other Paramore CD i was talking about in the 2nd picture.
The cover is abit busier, but it's still simple in a way because of the simple red sofa being the focus.
The font for the band name is the same as the other CD, and there's some smaller italic writing for the album name, also similar to the other CD.
This CD isn't as popular. I don't find it as appealing as the others really. I bought it because it had alot of songs I liked, then others I'd never heard before.

No comments:

Post a Comment