Monday, September 5, 2011

Alternative Compilation Albums


Snow Patrol - Up To Now

This album features the highlights in Snow Patrols 15 years+ career. It's a compilation album because it contains music from different years, and music 10 years ago is different to music now.
I like the simple design. The snowflake relating the the band name 'Snow patrol'. The font is simple too, and I'm seeing the red title on a lot of albums in this genre and I think that's something I should use on mine.
 I really love this cover!
This is like Snow Patrols album above, but it also contains live recordings, out-takes and rarities as well as songs. It's a part of anthology trilogy released by Apple Records.
I think the front represents a kind of journey, because it looks like ripped up posters from different shows or tours. It's a really interesting cover.
I wouldn't buy it, because I'm not really a beatles fan, but I think i'd like to create a cover like that for my final product. It's eye-catching and interesting. I'm just worried I'm not creative enough to do something like that!

Kerrang! is a pretty well-known rock music magazine.
There is also a Kerrang! Music channel, where songs from 'nu metal' and 'pop-punk/skate-punk' are played. Songs can be requested via text.
Kerrang is like the rock version of the Now! CDs.

Aswell as having multiple artists on the CD, it is has two CDs in the album. It also looks like it's an annual CD but I don't think the artists on the CD will change very much.
I don't really like this cover, I think it's quite boring. The font is the one that Kerrang use on their magazines too.

No comments:

Post a Comment