Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Little Information About Compilation Albums!

The simplest way to explain what a compilation CD is would be to give the example of the 'Now! That's What I Call Music' CD's.
They are albums with multiple artists on the CD. Sometimes there are multi-genres, sometimes there are multiple disks in the case.
There can also be single artist compilations such as 'Greatest Hits' albums. These count as compilations because the music can be from different years, instead of normal albums where they are recorded for a specific album over a period of a few month, or have several CDs.

Why is this relevant to my other writing on album covers?
Well, my projects final piece will hopefully be a compilation CD, an album with 2 CDs of different genres, featuring different artists.
This may also effect the cover of my album. I need to think about how to make my album cover the same kind of style. I think I need to look at compilation album covers for each of the different genres of music in the album.
That will be my next thing to research!

Information found on;

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compilation_album

No comments:

Post a Comment